Saturday, January 13

At the end of a chapter, a new one begins...

2006 was certainly a memorable year... In terms of Salsa lingo:

Went to HongKong in Feb for the HK Salsa Fest, performed and competed there... Got the scars to prove it!

Major performances for the SP team at DblO, MOS, The Green @ Kallang in June.

Had a fabulous time in Taiwan for their 1st Salsa Fest... Broke a top and a shoe during performance.
I neva had so much casulties on stage until this one haha... The shoe fiasco was the best... My feet slipped out of the shoe (uh-oh), then the strap (thankfully) decided to break too, all during the coffeegrinder. And I completed the cgrinder, the flips and split flawlessly with one stocking feet and one ladybird shoe. Now this video is shown all over Taiwan on TV... Hmmm, now I got story to tell my future grandchildren.

Then it was the Singapore International Salsa Fest. We got featured over the local Newspapers and on Stomp. That was cool... Met Eddie the Salsa Freak and other great dancers. Loved her classes. She commended us for supporting and sponsoring this fest even though we were going to hold another congress in December - an awesome moment! Oh yeah, we also broke the largest Rueda World Record.

And last but not least was the Singapore Salsa Congress. It was awesome. Stress, but loads of fun!
We were going everywhere to party, even to MOS... It was so jam-pack in there, ppl had no space to dance! And 26 performances in Kallang Theatre by the SP ppl on the 17th... Wow, you can't beat that lah... Teacher Ong has taught me well. I didn't even know we pushed out so many performances - 17 were group performances! Wow, how did we do it? I've got no clue! Haha. I previously counted 15 but apparently I missed out some then! heee
The classes were great fun.... Cynthia was much loved by the students in her class. Everyone loved Joseph's music! Albert fr LA even did an extra class for our students after the congress, and boy were they impressed... I still see them practicing those moves on the dance floor! And whoa the social dance was great! Though I din really get to social much, having to run around like a mother hen finding all my chickens, the ones that I did, I really enjoyed. My first social dance for the week was on Friday, after 5 days of the congress, can you believe it? Most of the social dance I did was on Sat night, and Sunday night, when the major part of it (the performances) were over... Then I still remember, we were all sitting by the podium in Qbar, finally resting because we did it! It was over and it was a Great Success! WhooHoo!! My Gosh, we were so exhuberrant after that.
I can't seem to stop writing about the congress, coz there is just so much of it to say, the words juz pour out. =)

And then after all that, I spent the holiday season learning to play majong and honing my skills... Funny thing was, I watched more then I played! And also accomplished quite a lot of work while they played! Hee hee...

I think this December is the Month of the Sleepover Parties... We stayed over like 3 times during the week of the fest itself... I think we all bonded really well then... Then the Christmas and New Year mj sessions... haha. I think we can migrate there already!

No comments: